The objectives of the literary review are numerous. The most important:
- Demonstration of the degree of independence of a graduate student or applicant;
- clarification of the dissertation topic;
- showing the theoretical significance;
- the ability to avoid repeating an already developed topic and not presenting an innovative solution to an existing issue;
- knowledge of science already open to the world facilitates the process of creating new knowledge;
- focus on the result and the formation of a clear understanding of the required actions;
- allows you to judge the competence of the author, which has a positive effect on the attitude towards the applicant in the scientific community.
The nuances of writing
To write a review in the framework of modern requirements, it is worthwhile to study the methodological instructions of the university carefully and the recommendations formulated by the staff of the Higher Attestation Commission. For a clearer understanding of the process of working, you should pay attention to a couple of finished works, which will allow you to navigate the most acceptable concept of presenting analytical data:
Chronological involves the presentation of the material in a historical retrospect of the study of the issue, with the authors of the most important hypotheses, available views, with the necessary disclosure of the contribution of the author of the dissertation to the current picture of the vision of the consideration.
Logical relies on the organization of subsections that describe the object of consideration in its relations with the fields of related sciences and practices, in the format of its significance for the national economy or society.
To write a good literary review, it is worth choosing an analytical way of presenting the material, refusing the abstract nature of the information presented. In preparing the review, the author should link the information revealed in the earlier published works with the objectives of the research. The proposed material should concretize problematic issues (ambivalent judgments, little developed aspects) in the available volume of thematic information. The result of the analytical assessment can be used to prove the need to analyze the selected topic.